BIR eFPS or Electronic Filing and Payment System is a facility provided by the Bureau of Internal Revenue for a fast, convenient and paperless tax filing and payment using web browser and internet connection.
But who are required to enroll in the eFPS facility? Not all are required, only those the are listed below are the mandatory to enroll in the eFPS.
Large Taxpayers (RR#2-2002);
- Top 10,000 Corporations (RR#5-2004);
- Top 20,000 Corporations (RR#3-2009);
- Insurance Companies and Stockbrokers (RMC#71-2004);
- Corporations with paid-up capital stock of 10 Million and above (RR# 10-2007);
- Corporations with complete computerized system (RR#10-2007);
- All Government Bidders pursuant to EO 398 as implemented by (RR# 3-2005);
- Top 5,000 Individual Taxpayer (RMC# 69-2009);
- Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) (RR 1-2010);
- Licensed Local contractors (RR 10-2012);
- National Government Agencies mandatorily required to use the Electronic Tax Remittance Advice (RR 1-2013);
- Taxpayer Account Management Program (TAMP) and accredited importers, including prospective importers required to secure the Importer Clearance Certificates (ICCs) and Customs Broker Clearance Certificates (BCCs) (RR 10-2014); and
- Those required to secure the BIR-ICC and BIR-BCC (RMO 10-2014)
However, if you are not one of those identified but have the intention of using eFPS, you can submit a Letter of Intent addressed to the Revenue District Office (RDO) where you are registered, for proper evaluation and approval. You can only enroll and eventually log on to the eFPS website upon approval of your application. Please coordinate with the Taxpayer Service Section (TSS) of your RDO.
Here are the requisites for the availment of the eFPS system:
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) should be registered in our BIR Integrated Tax System;
- Certification authorizing any of the two (2) officers designated to file the return under Section 52 (A) of the Tax Code (President or other principal officer, and Treasurer or Assistant Treasurer of the Corporation) who shall enroll for the system usage;
- Enrollment to eFPS;
- Enrollment to eFPS Authorized Agent Bank (AAB);
Here are the steps in enrolling to EFPS:
Step 1: Access BIR website at www.bir.gov.ph, using your internet browser.
Step 2: Click on “eFPS” icon to go the the eFPS home page.
Step 3: From the eFPS Login page, click on “Enroll to eFPS” link.
Step 4: The eFPS enrollment form appears. Complete the required fields on the Enrollment Form page. Then, click on the “Submit” button.
Afterwards, the system will inform you that your enrollment has been successfully received. Then you have to wait for an e-mail message from BIR informing you of the status of your enrollment – whether approved or disapproved. Once your account has been activated, you are ready to e-file and e-pay, and perform all the functions within eFPS.
It is important, however, for you to remember your username and password, as well as the answer to the challenge question. Keep the answer to yourself. Do not make it easy to guess, nor write it down.