Are you a Foreign National? Do you want to work in the Philippines?

If you are a foreigner and you would like to work in the Philippines then it’s a must for you to know the new guidelines for foreign nationals.

  1. Foreign Nationals who will engage in work outside of an employment arrangement are required to secure a Special Working Permit (SWP).
  2. For professional related work or services that constitutes practice of profession then Special Temporary Permit (STP)is needed.

3. Foreign Nationals who intends to engage in gainful employment in the Philippines should apply for Alien Employment Permit (AEP).

Pending issuance of AEP or with valid AEP but pending approval of Commonwealth Act, then the Foreign Nationals must secure a Provisional Work Permit (PWP).

Please take note that an AEP only authorizes a foreign national to engage in a gainful employment in the Philippines but not an exclusive authority for a foreign national to work in the Philippines. It is only one of the requirements in the issuance of work visa (9g) and to legally engage in gainful employment in the Philippines.

Revenue Memorandum Order No. 28-2019 issued by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) on May 30, 2019 can be found here.

The RMO prescribes the policies and guidelines in the registration of foreign nationals in the Philippines.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s